Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Hybrid Operations
WGMC serves as the only free clinic for the uninsured and underinsured in our Will and Grundy County service areas. In March, we transitioned to fully remote operations, serving our patients via telehealth visits and curbside pharmacy pick-up. During the spring and summer months, we worked diligently to create a reopening plan. As of September, we have been open for hybrid operations, serving patients both onsite and via telehealth when needed.
Adjusted Clinic Operations Include:
- Primary care and Specialty care visits on-site or via telehealth
- Pharmacy via curbside pick-up
- Wellness checks of COVID infected, co-morbid, and high-risk patients
- Navigation of healthcare services for those that have lost coverage due to job loss as a result of the pandemic
- Testing and treatment referral for symptomatic patients
Our telehealth program allows us to continue to provide safe care and navigation services to our patients even if they are at-risk and unable to come to the clinic for an appointment. We also ensure continuity of care for patients who have been impacted by the job loss crisis.
Upgrades Made to the Clinic Include:
- Installation of a new ventilation and air filtration
- Installation of sneeze guards around reception area
- Enhanced patient screening protocol
- Obtainment of personal protective equipment (PPE) stockpile to protect patients, staff, and volunteers